Sunday, April 25, 2010

C'est bizarre, non?

Sooo been kinda lax on the posts recently. Just not a whole lot going on in the week. I can't really start traveling until May :) but here we go. Today was pretty chill I must say. Got up and drank a lot of coffee, went for a run, had some lunch yada yada. When Valerie came home she asked me if I wanted to come to dinner with her and Bob up in the mountains with their friends. Sounded good to me. The drive up was stunning and I wish I had brought my camera. When we get to the house I’m warmly greeted by everyone and of course the fact that I am American catches their attention. One lady immediately started speaking English because she studied it at Oxford for three years. So we put on some reggae and just chill music in general and headed outside. The backyard dropped off and overlooked a small village and the mountains. Pretty beautiful. Everyone was extremely funny around the dinner table. Typical dirty French humor abounded. I was the victim of some jokes but my French didn’t stop me from responding in kind which they thought was amazing haha. The older man with the beard told me he has a boat down in Marseille and I’m welcome to come down anytime I want. He then told me we have to sleep together lol, picking on me of course. So I just said back… I’m gunna warn you I like to cuddle.. This kind of went back and forth throughout the night with various topics. Unfortunately the topic of politics came up later and I tried my best to explain America’s economics in French, bluhhh. Oh, it was kind of ironic at one point… they asked me which countries I have traveled to and I started out by saying Jamaica and that they smoke a lot of a certain plant there, and just as I say this they’re like, us too! And start passing some around. Won’t lie.. kindddda caught me off guard just a little bit. It then made sense when she had asked if I wanted something from her garden…. I kindly refused. The night then felt a little weird because actually just before that a slew of their neighbors had come running through the house and outside dressed in drag or as Disney characters.
The food was of course delicious, when do I stay it is not? I had a drink only made in Marseille, which tasted pretty amazing, wish I could remember the name. Very strong though, a very high proof, but it still went down soo smooth. So yea, that was today. Valerie told me we should go shopping together tomorrow in Avignon so I’m going to try and find some ultra-european clothes, maybe even those tiny bathing suits for Marseille next weekend… and I will most definitely take pictures of that!

Oh, and I’ll edit into the post the pictures of this night when I get them from Robert (the friend of the family) which should be soon, so you can put faces to everthing!

No comments:

Post a Comment