Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's official. I'm going to be fat when I return. The food they keep feeding me is beyond ridiculous. Tonight I had a gourmet salad, then pastry stuffed with sausage, a fresh baguette, fries, chicken patties, and finished it off with this eclaire-like thing stuffed with some cream and caramelized sugar on top. Usually I'm not one for sweets but that thing was sick. But that doesn't even touch a normal night's meal here. Good thing I've started running again. I've agreed to go to spin class with 'Lance' tomorrow. Should be fun. I've never been to one but I have been assured that beaucoup des filles seraient là. Time to turn on some charm while out of breath and sweating profusely.

Today was pretty relaxing. Got up and helped Valerie with a little TLC. She is demolishing the bathroom and we took out all the tiles from the walls. Its all part of a huge makeover for the house. Besides that I just took in some sun in the garden while tutoring Matt and the dad a little, as well as just reviewing a crapload of french for myself. As for right now, we are hanging out in typical fashion... that being sitting around the TV and watching shows where amazingly beautiful women are with amazingly not beautiful men, yet they are still cheated on. The french love stories involving cheating and I haven't figured it out. Speaking of French-ness on the screen... I saw a trailer for a new movie in the US coming out called Dinner for Schmucks. All it is, is what looks like a poor remake of the french classic Le Diner de Cons. Oh well. C'est tout.

1 comment:

  1. So I just want you to know that you are cracking me up!!!! You're going to get fat, you've gotten locked in your room and you've been tricked by your family with Ms. Doubtfire for tutelage. By far my favorite part is the fact that after 10 years you got on a pink bike and rode across town. I'm so mad I wasn't there for that! Well, I am super jealous at how gorgeous the scenery sound! Keep enjoying your trip and learning about hitting on some french women;-) Love and miss you Bean! See you on skype soon?! YES?

    ReplyDelete