Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kiss, Kiss, Quoi???

Another day in the books. I woke up this morning to my already crappy computer even crappier. The crappiest of crappies. Because, well when I got back from the disco last nite it was around 3am (there is no last call in France btw), I whipped out the ole mac for a little something to put me to sleep, and that was the Antiques Roadshow haha. Somewhere between a really old valuable object... and this other really really old more valuable-er-est object I dozed off, to awaken and find my computer had fallen to the floor... the floor of doom. The little charger plug I found had been bent like crazy and wouldn't fit back into the computer. So great... and let me first explain to you how awesome this laptop I have is. Prepare.. to be jealous. If I don't have the screen at just the right angle it cuts to black until I shut it, thus putting the computer to sleep. If its not plugged in period the battery lasts all of 3 minutes if I'm lucky. Every now and then the speakers short out into a loud static sound (like you hear between stations on the radio) that won't stop and you have to yell over. (Also on that note, when I was real young I used to think that that static sound on the radio came from a dog chewing on a diaper on the other side of the radio... yeaa...). Oh, and when I'm online, if I want to go to a new website I have to force quit the program :) Amazing. But yea... so luckily I straightened it out enough to use.. or else I'd be screwed.

So I went on another way too long run today and when I came back the mom asked me with the look of (Quoi???) as to why I was shirtless. Because I was running I said. She then told me it is "interdit" or "forbidden" to do that in France. I find this quite odd because all I see around here are billboards with totally nude women. Thats sexism haha. I can't even have my shirt off? I'll just be sneaky because I refuse to hardcore farmer's tan it.. and honestly.. I run through the countryside with nothing but dogs chasing me. Maybe they know the rule too and THATs why they are chasing me... barking "C'est interdit !!!!" in barktalk.

And the title for today's little entry is referring to the expression that is probably on my face when I see two guys doing the kiss cheek thing as a hello. Apparently that is only a southern thing here.

Also, I put up some pictures on Facebook. Check it out. There aren't many yet cuz I've been taking mostly video.

No comments:

Post a Comment