Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nicities

You reach a point eventually when living with someone new where you start to notice little quirks about them. I think I'm getting to that point. When sitting around in the living room I'd hear random sounds like muffled popping and a sound like a fish thrashing to and fro trying to get some of the food that I'm dangling just above the water. It finally dawned on me its a family trait where (I think) they're biting their fingernails and doing some funky tongue action. Gets kind of annoying but I love em anyway. I've also noticed the mom is a wee bit OCD about her house being clean. I washed the dishes today while she was gone, but when she got back she called me inside to show me the dirty counter top, without a thank you for the dishes. Not to mention it was her son who left it like that, and honestly I didn't even know that was considered dirty, but whatever.

Bub's (the dad) mom came by today, got to do the cheek thing again, never gets old. She was extremely sweet and actually spoke some English. We started to make fun of how everyone in the south speaks (very fast and say every-freaking-syllable.. not how they teach in the classroom for sure).

Later... oohhh later.. the food :) once again so good. Baguette, then chinese, some stuffed pastries, seasoned fish with some thick ass bacon and come canna patta for dessert. The fish... was probably some of the best I've had so I asked what it was... anndd you just gotta see a picture of it haha -->--v




Not too much else. Glad to hear my boy Glenn is coming to visit in a few weeks! Yea you Glenn, I know you're reading this. He's one of those headless figures under "Followers" to the left of this post. Everyone say "Hi Glenn!"

1 comment: