Saturday, April 10, 2010

I woke up to the sounds of l'aspirateur and les volets smacking against the side of the house outside my window. After managing to get out of that ridiculously comfortable bed I spent a good few hours sitting in the beautiful weather in the garden, reading and enjoying a nice cigar. Though, probably the last cigar for a while. They are amazed by the size of our cigars. The French mostly smoke cigarellos, neither which you inhale, but taste oh so delicious. The dad 'Bub' asked for me and Matt to come to town so he could buy us some ice-cream. There was no way I was going to refuse that. I ended up having to ride Valerie's bike... a very sexy shade of pink that I thought went well with my outfit, and was sure to command me the respect of everyone in the village. I'm going to throw it out there that was the first time i've been on a bike in a good 10 years. It was interesting for sure, especially crossing traffic... but then again they couldn't miss me with that color. Bub's friend was there and we got to talking about various things but rock climbing came up. Turns out he has an extra harness and knows some places around here to go. He also helped me hit on the waitress which was easier than I thought. He gave me some advice saying the girls here like it when we speak english to them instead of french... the exact opposite of what I had heard before coming. So perfect!

Valerie came home around five o'clock and we left shortly thereafter to go running in the countryside. I underestimated how beautiful southern France is. We started on a trail near cherry farms and the base of a huge mountain range, following a canal/spring. We stopped on top of a huge dam in front of Fontaine de Vaucluse. Aside from the amazing scenery there was a group of guys who wanted me and 'the pretty lady' to *reposer with them, i.e. share some heinekens. All in all in was about a 7km run... pretty stout considering I haven't run in like a month, especially cross-country. Soon after we returned home, I taught Matt speaking Franglish for an hour or so, then had some gooood chicken and pastries from Valerie's shop. Not too much else going on, except for watching with everyone this quintessential french show with nudity and laughter... family programming for all haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment