Friday, April 9, 2010

Soo, concluding an interesting day for sure. After this morning's let down I figured a good remedy would be some chocolate. I walked into town again to find this Chocolatier place. I ended up buying a big egg. I'm gunna go with because it was just Easter... yeah. My pants are starting to hang gangsta because I think I left my belt... on the airplane? I'm not sure but I'm gonna go with that. But no luck finding a replacement. As I was walking home I finallllly saw some girls my age. Too bad they were in a ravenous pack and totally unapproachable. Yeah, excuses. So when I got home the parents were actually there, at the same time, which is very rare. The mom asked if i wanted to go with them to Gordes (a small town nearby), and the next thing I know I'm at the mayor's house with champagne listening about Napoleon's conquest of Egypt and classical dance. Who knew. Oh, and may I just say the old ladies here are adorable, and I get to do the kissing cheek all the time now... keepin it old school. After helping the mom walk through the cobblestone streets in heels, we headed back to L'isle-sur-la-Sorgue. No sooner were we on our way to Avignon for a delicious meal at an Irish pub. The mom (Valerie), wanted me to eat some red meat since the family doesn't eat it and she knew that I liked it (how sweet). I had a nice 50cl Guiness to wash my meal down. Oh, our waiiter was a prick so we didn't tip. I love it. He waited in NYC, so maybe that had something to do with it. After our meal we headed to Marine's bar. The place was PACKED. Far different from the sleepy little café in the morning where I had my coffee a few days ago. All the guys were ridiculously European and could dance too well for their own good. We hung out for a while and split... a good sign though is that I can now understand french in a club setting... mile-marker passed! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment