Tuesday, April 13, 2010

En haut!

Pants on the ground! Pants on the ground! Well no longer... I finally bought a belt today at H&M. Woo! good times. Lance drove me into Avignon for the day so we could go to spin class later at night. I found my favorite spot in the Pope's gardens overlooking the river, town and mountains and just chilled out for a while. I also finally ventured into the the Pope's Palace as well and holy crap is that thing big. Not to mention the rooms. I guess it figures seeing the size of those Popes... they probably needed room to roll around when they fell out of their chairs, etc. So anyway, after the palace and eating too many pastries in the square I headed to Lance's bike shop... anddd in my typical fashion, it took me 2 hours to find. I had to go through Baghdad to find it. (The locals refer to a lot of places here as Baghdad because of all the Arab immigrants... and there are tons for sure). It actually does kinda look like Baghdad around his shop, and I feel bad for him because they broke into his store and stole two bikes last weekend. But they say its not really a racist thing, its more of the immigrants come and just cause trouble, mostly with drugs and stealing and all that.
So we get to the gym and he immediately starts introducing me to all the women there, which I guess I didn't mind. But holy poopers, if you have never done a spin class, you gotta do it, that snuff is insane. I mean I don't know about the ones in the US, but here they are obsessed with biking. I would've passed out if I wasn't by the window (no A/C and 40 people in a small room). Oh and I've come to the conclusion I love french gyms, just because they have some of the quirkiest things or ways doing stuff. I mean they had a hula dancing class right next to ours with grass skirts and all = amazing. I mean... in France? Hula dancing? And its not like belly dancing in the states where the girls take a step or something and their belly jiggles, i mean these ladies were legit. The changing rooms were interesting as well because the door opens up for a full view of the gym, and its stuffed with smelly naked french men and myself lol.
So now I'm home, beyond tired, and full of more delicious desserts from Valerie's shop and coffee that could wake the dead.

And as a side note, while sitting and taking in the people around me I inevitably heard babies crying. I just find it ironic that babies have the least worries in the world... but cry more than any of us.

1 comment:

  1. Please take the Hula class for me!!!! DO IT. Make Lance take it with you...I bet the girls will love it!

    ReplyDelete