Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bussss

So, just got back from Marseille, and off the phone with the agent for my stay here. Seems as though the mom didn't know I was staying there overnight, even though we had talked about this a little while ago. I guess its kind of how she forgot Glenn was coming at all this weekend. Now I'm once again in a pissy mood because of this woman. She called the agent to complain about me saying she wasn't happy with me. Her reasons: I get up late. Which can be true, I do sometimes get up around 11. But lets think about this... why on earth would I need to be up before then? I would just sit around. Not to mention no one is home. I don't teach til the evenings. Second. My room is messy. Imagine moving into someone else's room that has their old stuff in it, then adding yours. The room is most of the time clean, there was a period of like 3-4 days last week when I'll admit it got a little messy. Her third thing was I don't do enough to help out around the house. COME AGAIN...???? Who is the person who does the dishes, every, freakin, day, offers to help prepare each meal, and then cleans and washes the table. Some days I'll randomly vacuum the house as well. Yeah, I guess I never help out.... I just can't believe the nerve she has complaining (to essentially my boss) about these things. So I'm going to meet the agent lady in Orange tomorrow afternoon to talk things over. Best case scenario, new family away from the crazy lady! But I don't see that happening. It'll probably go like, oh well work on your communication, you need to this and that. I'm pregaming with wordreference.com studying all the vocabulary I'm going to be using tomorrow in this altercation haha. Maybe even tonight?

Well enough venting. Marseille was amazing! Too bad it rained most of the time. (I'll just cliff-note this one because I'm tired). We saw all the old areas, took a boat out and toured the coastline. Very beautiful. Spent the rest of the day walking around getting lost, eventually ending up at our Couch Surfers house! They said their name was on the buzzer but.. nope. So we just hit all of them and they ended up being the only ones home, so we lucked out! Annemarie and Pierre were their names and they were a very nice young couple. We were their first couchsurfers and I hope we left a good impression. They had just gotten back from biking to India for a year, and came back through Africa. Turns out they love to rock climb and are going to take me sometime soon, as is the plan! It will most likely be a multi-pitch climb, i.e. around here 500ft+ :) Perfect!

So me and Glenn headed to the train station this morning and were waiting on our connecting buses or trains when one of the station employees started asking us to move back, move back. He was clearing everyone out of our area. I said whats going on? So he goes, "You speak french? Il y a un colis" Basically, move there is a bomb. Soo that kinda freaked us out a little bit. Glenn decided it was a good time to leave and take the earlier bus. And here is that moment.




I say bus like a German. Also Glenn I realized your last words were "I don't want to die." And I agree, that would not have been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment