Friday, May 7, 2010

Glass House

Who knew that drama would even follow me to France? If you know me, you know that I try to avoid confrontation, but if its inevitable, oh man... i'm opening a can of something nasty on you. and make you it eat. edible whoop-ass i'll call it (verbal edition). patent pending. and that made no sense but I'm tired and have no idea what I'm writing so go with it. Annywhoo.. got a lot resolved today. The agent called while I was preparing dinner with Valerie. umm AWKWARD. <-- actually the word awkward is kind of awkward as well i think. As is any word if you say it repeatedly... yes.. you know what I'm talking about. try it! after saying the word like 20 times you'll be thinking to yourself "what does it even mean?".

So Val hands me the phone and Madame Malow asks how things are going and told me she found me a new family, and if I want to stay with the Gledhill's or change. Talk about being on the spot! The new one would be an older couple in an even smaller town so it didn't sound too appetizing. "I've got to think about it and I'll call you tomorrow," I told her. So I go back into the kitchen and Val asked what she wanted (she really knew). I can be blunt so I just said it... I might be changing families. We then got into a lonnnng conversation about what I want to do, how we've been interacting, etc etc. I could tell she was getting a little emotional at one point so I just calmed her down. The conversation basically ended with I'm probably going to stay, but I'll let you know tomorrow... but I might not stay as long as we had agreed on. I might just leave at the beginning of June and nomad it around europe. Put my rail pass to good use.

So hopefully this will be the last post regarding this crap. Sick of writing about it :) But besides this nothing too much to write about today. Though we had an interesting argument at dinner about different races and the problem of immigration in France. I loved it because if you know me you know I absolutely detest political correctness. hate it. and the french are not, so I spoke quite freely. its quite funny to see how quickly the French build up their anger during little disputes. oh well... i'm gonna go bug the cat a little bit and call it a night! (you know its time when you start to hear birds chirping outside)

Oh, and because I like to leave you visually stimulated.. I guess I should leave a video or something. Its not related and probably not too interesting but ... je m'en fou ;) *edit* screw that actually, i'll just put a picture up i think captures the mood of today :P




No comments:

Post a Comment