Wednesday, May 26, 2010

La Feria!

Oh man, j'ai la flemme parfois, et à l'heure actuelle, j'en ai. Mais je suis de bonne humeur encore :)

This weekend was the best I've had by far in France. The festival in Nîmes was just ridiculous and crazy. Basically a weekend of enjoying friends (which I now actually have some here haha), drinks, music and excessive amounts of dancing.

Europeans love to party, and party with everyone. Especially this guy. --v


All in all, in our group, there was me, and English girl, and a bajillion germans. The communication consisted of speaking Frenglemandish. Going back and forth from three languages is interesting, but I loved it. I had met some of them the week before at my friend's going away party, but there were a lot of new faces. Saturday we spent the day eating in the gardens over looking the town, or just walking around until later at night when the real fun starts. I was sad however I didn't get to see a bullfight. None of the girls wanted to pay :( It was even in the old arena from Roman times so it would have been really amazing. I think after seeing the photo of the matador having a bull's horn rammed through his chin and out his mouth had something to do with it.

The sleeping arrangement was.. tight. One bedroom with 6 or 7 of us in there.. got pretty toasty. We were staying at one of the German girl's apartment where she is au pairing. The family wasn't there but all their friends were, and would come and go at all times of the day and night. You wouldn't be surprised to walk into the living room to see five new strangers, dancing to techno, smoking and carrying on. I got a very big hippy vibe from the house. And the all bio kitchen kind of solidified that.

However, the thing I think that made the weekend really special to me was meeting a certain girl the first night. Well, re-meeting I should say, I knew her from the weekend before. One minute we were dancing and the next, bada bing. Romantic european movie moments commenced lol. Ultimately ending of course with the kiss goodbye at the train station. (insert sappy music). So I'm kind of in a pickle with that now, I don't know the next time I can see her because she does not live close to me. Still trying to figure out what to do but we'll see where it goes! Kind of relying on facebook for communicating.

So now I'm back in L'isle sur Sorgue, just chillin. Got word that the climbing expedition is a go for this weekend! Still stoked of course. Expect many a pictures.

Oh, and remember that guy Jean-Luc I was talking about? Here is a video. Can you guess which one he'd be?


No comments:

Post a Comment