Thursday, May 13, 2010

Languedoc

Two to Nil. That was the score of my dictation battle with Matt. I'm just one of many tutors he has. The other day his French tutor came. I was surprised that he was struggling a little bit with his own language. So I challenged him to some dictation and we played best of one lol, until he lost. Then it was best of three. Needless to say I spanked him ;) But I write this because I'm noticing first hand what Ive heard... that the French are losing their language with the youth. I think all the modes of technology is to blame, like text and chat. It tends to be the way they are the most exposed to their language written down. If you see it, it looks like they're typing half the words with invisible ink.

Yesterday I headed down to Martique on the coast to work on the boat with the dad. We sailed it to a dry dock and spent the day scraping, scrubbing and painting. I forgot how gross barnacles are alive... and how sharp. Jean-Luc was there as well! You probably aren't excited like me but he his one of the most hilarious people i've met. i have video but i dont know when i'll be able to upload the next one... freaking chargerrr.

Oh, also got my first french haircut today, and i gotta say, the hairs fell the same way they do in america. It was a little awkward because I thought Valerie was taking me to a salon, but nope... definitely some lady's basement.. a basement with the little toddlers staring at me or trying to eat the hair on the floor haha. And once again, I left somewhere without paying. I felt bad when I remembered and ran back. I'm surprised no one has yelled at me yet?

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahahha i went sailing for my first time last week. SCARY and i will NOT being doing it again. i hope you like sailing more than me

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! why was it scary kendall and where did you go???

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i went sailing on the chesapeake bay on a sunfish. tiny little boat with lots of potential of flipping. the wind was weird and kristi called boom like every 3 minutes. scary!

    ReplyDelete